TITLE: Registered Nurse (RN)
DEPT: Nursing and Residential
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Services Manager
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Clinical Services
- To provide Clinical support to staff teams and co-ordinate the day to day running of the service.
- To manage the delivery of excellent nursing care and to improve the well-being and lives of people living at the Federation of Jewish Services.
COMMITMENT TO OUR VALUES:
To undertake tasks and provide support to both service users and colleagues in a manner consistent with the values of the organisation.
- Support people’s right to privacy
- The respect of people’s dignity
- The recognition of people’s rights
- A zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- To treat all people as individuals
- To support people to freely express their needs and wants
- To demonstrate respect and integrity in all our work with people
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. To work according to Nursing & Midwifery Council Code (Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics) for Nurses and Midwives, the Care Quality Commission and meeting the requirements of the Federation of Jewish Services Policies and Procedures.
2. Promoting the ethos of:
- Person Centred Care.
- Protection and Support of the Health needs of Individuals.
- Assessment of care and health care needs.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
3. To ensure that the emotional, spiritual, physical and medical needs of each resident are met.
4. To encourage residents in making choices in matters that effect their life style
5. To work with the team in promoting the activities of daily living in a way that respects the dignity and promotes the independence of the individual.
6. To develop a care plan relevant to the individual in conjunction with the resident, family and outside agencies. To make sure residents and relatives re involved in the care plan process.
7. To ensure all documentation is updated, writing a daily report using Caresys system.
8. To ensure all arrangements for the admission of residents are in place. ensuring rooms are of a good standard and have been cleaned. That service user guides are in place.
9. To ensure medications are given correctly, controlled drugs are checked on a weekly basis.
10. To implement the development and monitoring of the key worker system to ensure that staff understand the role of key worker
11. To liaise with GP’s and all members of the MDT team.
12. To complete weekly medication audits.
13. To carry out pre-admission assessments when required.
14. Provide clinical support to residential areas on site as required.
15. Be responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with PREP requirements to maintain a professional profile.
Training and Development
- Participate fully in training and development in accordance with the organisations training plan and mandatory requirements.
- To attend and participate in supervision sessions and an annual personal review.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To contribute to the learning of other staff.
- To employ the skills and knowledge gained from training back in the work environment and to evidence your progression through measure of competencies in supervision with your manager.
Health & Safety
- All employees are subject to the Health & Safety at work act.
- To take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To undertake duties and responsible in full accordance with the organisations Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- To co-operate with policies and procedures to enable the organisation and comply with its obligation under Health & Safety legislation.
- To report immediately to your line manager any defects in equipment or the working environment and report areas of risk.
- To work in accordance with the organisation’s mission, vision, strategic plans and policies & procedures.
- To work in accordance with the General Social Care Council code of practice for social care workers and CQC regulations.
- To behave in a manner that reflects positively on the organisation at all times.
- To demonstrate commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
- To promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practices.
- To assist in monitoring and maintaining quality standards across the organisation.
- To demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the principles of confidentiality.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of service delivery and management of resources in line with the organisations strategic plans.
- Support and develop identified staff through regular supervision, training and appraisal.
- To take responsibility for the implementation of policies and procedures in line with good practice.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that Health & Safety Standards are met and a positive health & safety culture is promoted.
- To liaise with the Training & Development Manager and HR Manager to ensure all employees are supported appropriately.
- To manage and develop Quality Assurance standards in relation to service delivery.
- To support and develop morale and a positive work culture in line with the organisations values.